[TriLUG] Getting router experience, CCNA, and equipment

Raymond McGill raymcgill at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 10:02:17 EDT 2004

I am starting to round out my resume and need to show
router skills. I know some basics from experience, but
need to fill in the holes.

I am writing to:
1. Ask for advice on training path.
2. Look for short-term hardware to match training
path.
3. Determine if there is anything on Linux I can do to
help this.

Current plan is this:
1. Get CCNA books from ebay
2. Obtain hardware locally (tech yard sale, members on
this list?)
3. Add to home network (W2K,XP,Mandrake,RH9)and
throuroughly learn routing AND the Cisco version.
4. Take CCNA

So, what would do you think?
(books, software, hardware, trainers, what is good,
what is junk?)

Thanks,
Raymond McGill

P.S. This will be done is Oxford,NC and all who wish
to join are welcome.

=====