[TriLUG] I want to build an HTTP Proxy for Home

mattchew latreen mattchew.latreen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 21:18:15 EDT 2004

On 03 Aug 2004 12:44:16 -0400, Jon Carnes <jonc at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> This should work for both. You just have to copy it over to the Windows
> boxen's host file.
>
> I use an active squid/squidguard proxy server - with all outbound port
> 80 requests forwarded from the firewall to the proxy server (with an
> exception for the proxy server). The client machines don't even know
> that they are being proxied.
>
> This should soon be available via an appliance if it isn't already.
>
> Jon

Clark Connect will actually do this transparently also.  That and you
can tie privoxy (to stop ads and pop ups) into it also.  The only
caveat is being that CC *should* sit as it's own box.  I use it to
filter mail (fetchmail, SA) and as imap from home and work.  The nice
thing?  I can ssh into it from work and then to any system in the
house that I need something off of (as long as the laptops are not
hibernated)

Matthew