[TriLUG] FC1 w/raid+lvm -> FC2

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 5 10:59:39 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,
   I've been googling, but to no avail. I've got a FC1 system running
with a pair of disks mirrored with software raid, which is then carved
up by lvm. I'd like to upgrade to FC2. When booting from the FC2
install cds, anaconda doesn't see any previous installations(no
surprise). Anyone got a link to a how-to or any advice on how proceed?
Is there some way that the previous disk setup can be imported by the
kernel used by the install?

Thanks,
Ken
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin
" 'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human liberty; it
is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."--William Pitt