[TriLUG] Multiple Evolution Users

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Thu Aug 5 13:10:35 EDT 2004

On Thursday 05 August 2004 08:53 am, Jeff Tickle wrote:

> One thing that I've tried and tried to do is get them to use different
> logins, but I guess the one thing they have in common is that they hate
> the idea of logging out of someone else just so they can log back in.
> Not so much that they hate it... they just don't get it.  I don't see
> what's not to get, but whatever.
>
> So I decided to let it be, and let them share an account.  Now, both of
> them want to use Ximian Evolution for their ... separate ... email
> accounts.  Hmm, there's the explanation for why we have different
> logins.  Anyway, today's task for me is to figure out how to keep two
> separate sets of Ximian Evolution data for one username under Linux.

Just another idea...

In KMail, I can have multiple "identities."  That is, I can use KMail to check
multiple accounts.  Each one can have separate username/password to login to
the mail server.  You can have them all dump to one inbox, or (I think) keep
them as separate folders.  I'm sure that Evolution could do something
similar.  The data would all be stored under one user, but they probably
wouldn't care since they don't want separate user accounts anyway.  :-)

---Tom