[TriLUG] soekris 4801

Ryan Leathers Ryan.Leathers at globalknowledge.com
Mon Aug 9 08:57:43 EDT 2004

Reggie,

The thing that is disappearing is the classic T carrier in the delivery of
frames.  So long as customers ask for "T1" (any DS0xN sort of service)
providers will sell them a "T1" but this isn't your Grandpa's T1.  Today we
deliver this kind of service over several competing technologies all
offering things like better distance, fewer conductors, better SNR
characteristics, and so on.  HDSL is an example.