[TriLUG] Re: USB external ATA drive attach to Linux (Knoppix)

Mark W4CHL ppotfj603 at sneakemail.com
Fri Aug 20 16:28:51 EDT 2004

The piece of info I was missing was that USB external drives are recognized as SCSI, so there it was at /dev/sda1 all the time.  Yes, have both 2.5" self powered and 3.5/5.25" external powered USB in turn attached to the Linksys NSLU2 for network storage.

Serving up NFS from the NSLU2, but not using it for restores (performance challenged). Now if the Buffalo Linkstation 120 with integral print server had been for $150 (after rebate) in June, I would have gone for it. Alas, no one seems to be hacking the Linkstation as they are the NSLU2.

Cheers de Mark W4CHL
Trilug-W4CHL at sneakemail-dot-com