[TriLUG] gnome desktop keyboard question

Ralph Blach rcblach at blach.dnsalias.org
Sun Aug 22 15:48:53 EDT 2004

My son has a linux setup at school.  It is a redhat 9.0 running on a
500mhz pentium processor.

he has mozilla 1.7.2 and open office 1.1.2.
His base desktop os gnome.

The other day he locked out his keyboard somehow.  I looked for a long
time on my system on how this could happen.

No keyboard input was allowed on any of windows.  Is there a setting in
GNOME that would lock out the keyboard totally.

I fixed it by removing his .gconf files and having him restart gnome.

Any ideas..

Thanks

Chip