[TriLUG] SUSE auto install (kickstart replacement)

John Turner jdturner at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 24 08:24:42 EDT 2004

Having been forced to reinstall a new OS on some Intel hardware (was
running RedHat 9) we have decided to give Suse a try. I have installed
SLES8 on 2 different systems. I have at least 15 more to do over time
and all of old ones were kickstart machines. What I want to know if how
to do auto installs using Suse. I have found some information online,
but I see to not be able to find (a) an easy way to build a autoyast
file from a currently running system or (b) some sample autoyast files
I can just edit manually.

So anyone doing this out there that can pass me some information?

Thanks,
John