[TriLUG] good java IDE

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Fri Aug 27 10:47:02 EDT 2004

bp wrote:
> CVS is a pretty simple animal.  What CVS integration is there beyond
> what's already in Eclipse 3.0?

My personal favorite is, for lack of a better name, 'always-on diffs'.

The differences from the CVS version are always indicated with small
colored bars in the gutter.  Just roll the cursor over it to see them
in a tooltip-style window.  No need to explicitly execute the diffs
command.  Then one-click to rollback that change.

I could have said "better SCM integration", since IDEA has it's own
built-in change-tracking system ("local history") that allows a host of
other easy diff/rollback type functions.  But since I've never used
it with anything other than CVS, I'll stick with my original comment.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software