[TriLUG] broadband option in the Triangle area

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 21:55:40 EDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:40:29 -0600, Jeff Patterson
<pattersonjeff at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would really prefer DHCP, but a static IP would be even better.  I
> keep seeing info that suggests PPPoE is the trend in the area (am
> moving from Denver).
>
> So far what I've found in the area is BellSouth, Time Warner cable,
> Sprint.  Is there anything else?  Any/all suggestions feedback would
> be very appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

We have discussed this at length in times past.  I'd suggest searching
our mailing list archives: http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/

We do have special deals with Intrex.net and Celito.net for TriLUG members.

For Intrex: ...in conjunction with the roll out of our new
DSL offerings, we also have a special package for TriLUG members.  You
can get an unrestricted, no-ports-blocked DSL connection, on a business
or residential line, at the speed of your choice (3m/384k, 1.5m/256k, or
256k/128k) with a static IP address, for no additional cost above the
standard residential DSL service fee.  For more details on all of these
services, associated pricing, etc, you can visit the Intrex.net webpage
at (you guessed it), http://www.intrex.net

Celito: ...1.5Mbps x 256kbps 6 Static IP Addresses $70/month $70 setup

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com