[TriLUG] broadband option in the Triangle area

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 13:29:38 EDT 2004

I was one of the very early Earthlink DSL subscribers (back when it
was still Mindspring) when I lived in Raleigh up to about 2 1/2 years
ago. I had no problems that I recall.

Now I'm in a corner case condition, I live in Heritage Wake Forest,
and we have phone service provided by CT Communications, and get DSL
from them.  Actually, I believe that the real isp services are
provided by VNET. It's been pretty glitch free, except for a few days
when I went through a bad lost packet's problem. It eventually got
straightened out.

The only other glitch was in regards to phone listings. Some of the
online phone directories had our phone numbers listed in Concord, NC
instead of Wake Forest, despite the 919 vs. 704 area code.