[TriLUG] WRT54G as WAP

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Mon Aug 30 10:37:23 EDT 2004

Rick DeNatale wrote:

>Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on, or how to make this
>work?  I got the WRT54G with the idea that I might want to hack it in
>the future, since it's open source, but I'd rather get it up and
>working first!

I set up my D-Link Di-614+ wireless router the same way without any
problem.
Make sure that the local IP address that you are assigning is being
assigned to the LAN side and not the WAN side.  Make sure that DHCP
_Server_ is disabled on the LAN side as well (not the DHCP client on the
WAN side).

As for 2.4GHz cordless phones, our Spread Specturm Uniden 2.4GHz phones
plays well with both my Linksys and D-Link 802.11b WAPs.  The only
problem that we have is that we do get a small bit of popping on certain
channels on the phone when we're near one of the WAPs.  No noticeable
degradation of connection on the WiFi.

Jeff G.