[TriLUG] GmailFS

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 12:55:43 EDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:05:31 -0400, Matt Frye <mattfrye at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nice.  Very nice.  Even though it takes the Gmail interface out of the
> equation, it is convenient.

Except, for me, the Gmail interface, and the way it handles threading
IS what's cool.  Lots of MUAs present threads in the message selection
pane, but the way Gmail puts the thread into what looks like one
ubermessage with collapsible subsections is WAY cool.

Now if someone came up with an MUA which did that...  I wouldn't
expect that from the Evolution crowd, since they seem to be driven by
a strict constructionist approach to RFCs.

OTOH, one thing I've noticed about Gmail is that the way it does
replies seems to encourage top-posting. Is there a way to change that
that I haven't found?