[TriLUG] Digression: Top- vs Bottom-posting

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Aug 30 13:07:03 EDT 2004

> imagine about 2000 lines of inline-quoted text here

The only problem with encouraging bottom-posting to the typical user is the
lack of good snipping habits..  I'd rather work backwards through a message
if I felt the need to review the conversation than have to scroll for an
hour before getting to the actual reply..  Which I would bet is part of the
driving force behind whomever first thought of top-posting..

Keep in mind I'm talking about the *typical* user, not the *educated*
[TriLUG member] user. (-:

Cheers,
~B

Brian A. Henning