[TriLUG] a head-scratcher left over from monday: dovecot?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Sep 1 09:35:15 EDT 2004

I would suggest deleting the dovecot indexes, which will cause them to
be re-created.  On my system, dovecot keeps its indices in
/home/$USER/mail/.imap/  (with a directory for each mail folder, such as
INBOX).  Delete those directories for the mail folders, and then try
re-connecting with IMAP or POP3.  It should rebuild the indexes and fix
the problem.

Also, why are you using a separate Unix user for the spam messages?
Wouldn't it make more sense to just send the spam to a different folder,
and use IMAP instead of POP3 on the client?

Jeremy