[TriLUG] sending mail with PHP

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Thu Sep 2 16:29:29 EDT 2004

> I had a similar problem, and fixed it by forcing the 'from' address
> using the 'addtional_parameters' parameter to mail(), like so:
>
> mail( $to, $subject, $body, $headers, "-f{$from}" );
>
> Take a look at example 3:
> http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

Tried every possible iteration of the contents of $from in your example,
none brought any joy..  With/without {}s, with/without <>s around the
address..  No luck.

In reference to Jeremy's mention of Cw, I have the following list as shown
by webmin for the Cw option:
localhost
localhost.localdomain <-- I just added this on a whim trying to solve this
problem
strutmasters.com
strutmasters.net

Should I shuffle the order of those items?  Perhaps put strutmasters.com at
the top?

And just to clarify once more, I *am* using PHP's built-in mail() function.

Thanks,
~Brian