[TriLUG] EMC SAN w/ Linux Configuration

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 22:54:08 EDT 2004

Folks,

We have successfully implemented a diskless server solution using an EMC
Clarion CX500 SAN.

It took allot of struggles, a couple of 16 hour days, and we almost wore out a
set of instellation media. We are still working out some details. We are
putting together a document to detail our solution. It should be out next
week sometimes.

Currently we have a SuSE SLES-8 Server running 100% Bootless :) It's very
cool, and quite fast.

Justin,

We are using Emulex Cards, HP DL380's and a switched point to point meshed
network. Dual Emulex cards, dual switching networks, and dual CX500's with
two service processors each.

Ron