[TriLUG] EMC SAN w/ Linux Configuration

Jos Purvis purvis at melete.org
Sat Sep 4 01:45:42 EDT 2004

Ron Joffe wrote:

> We have successfully implemented a diskless server solution using an EMC
> Clarion CX500 SAN.

Congrats! I'll be really interested to read your account of your
experiences. EMC's support for Linux still seems kind of primitive and
weak, but I did manage to solve my problem. Curiously, it seems that
reverting to the original QLogix QLA2300 drivers in the stock RHEL 3.0
kernel worked just fine, while attempting to use the Emulex/QLogix drivers
supplied by EMC caused only half of my LUNS to be visible. Another blow for
open source technologies, I suppose...depending on who supplied the stock
drivers, of course.

		--Jos

--
/  Jos Purvis (purvis at melete.org) ||  Yet Another Security Geek  \