[TriLUG] need a laptop too

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 08:23:38 EDT 2004

Jason,

What does "have a decent battery" mean to you?  And what is your
target price range for the hardware?

If decent battery means over 3 hours, I highly suggest something with
the Pentium-M and Centrino chipset.  Before moving over to a 1.5GHz
Powerbook, I had a Thinkpad T40p with extended battery.  *Many* times
I ran 6+ hours on battery.  The Powerbook is good for about 2 hours at
best.  This isn't considered decent to me (I travel a lot, but have
airplane DC power stuff so it's not that big of a deal).

--Reggie