[TriLUG] Network Guru Needed

Jason Purdy jason at journalistic.com
Tue Sep 7 12:19:30 EDT 2004

Ben Pitzer wrote:

> It might help knowing what kind of network hardware you're using.  Cisco
> routers/switches?  Netgear?  Nortel, 3Com?

We're a small business operation, so nothing fancy.  Basically, I've
been buying stuff from Intrex.  I tracked down the topography and it
looks a lil' something like this:

BTI T-1 Line (used for voice & data)
  -> AdTran 624
  -> Zonet ZFS3005 5-Port Switch (from this, I put two external servers
- mail & a VPN gateway {not yet VPN, tho}).  The third port goes to:
  -> D-Link Router DI-624 (this links to)
  -> SMC 1024DT 24-port Switch (here, I have everyone, workstation-wise
connected and one going to)
  -> D-Link DES-1024D 24-port Switch (spill-over workstations/printers)

Jason