[TriLUG] cvs CVSROOT/modules

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Wed Sep 8 11:48:26 EDT 2004

OK, trying this really simple...

my module file looks like

mymodule mymodule

the directory is /home/cvsadmin/cvsroot/mymodule

I can check out mymodule locally on the server w/o the module definition
in CVSROOT/modules file...

when I try to cvs login, it doesn't appear to be working though:

p99cvs:~/cvs$ cvs -d :pserver:william_sutton@[ip address]:/home/cvsadmin/cvsroot login
Logging in to :pserver:william_sutton@[ip address]:2401/home/cvsadmin/cvsroot
CVS password:
/home/cvsadmin/cvsroot: no such repository

soooooo........does that mean that something is wrong on the cvs server
side, or that I'm trying to get in the wrong way??

William