[TriLUG] cvs CVSROOT/modules

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 8 12:39:42 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 12:34:23PM -0400, Tom Bryan wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 September 2004 11:48 am, William Sutton wrote:

> I've always set up my repositories for local access or for access over SSH.

pserver is a security hole that is not maintained for security
as I understand the state of things.  Sourceforge uses pserver for
anonymous checkouts only.  Developers use the "ext" method over ssh.  Having
to enter a password for every CVS action is an easy habit to acquire.

--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.