[TriLUG] cvs CVSROOT/modules

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Wed Sep 8 13:15:09 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 12:47 pm, William Sutton wrote:
> I didn't either.  I'm going on what I've been told by my (technically
> savvy) manager (someone else set up the installation).

Again, from the red-bean book...

"In addition to pserver, CVS supports the ext method (which uses an external
connection program, such as rsh or ssh), kserver (for the Kerberos security
system version 4), and gserver (which uses the GSSAPI, or Generic Security
Services API, and also handles Kerberos versions 5 and higher). These methods
are similar to pserver, but each has its own idiosyncrasies"

So, perhaps there's a way to get it talking to LDAP.  The only "ext" method
that I've used is SSH.

> since apparently
> pserver isn't what I'm looking for, I'm back to the user manuals.

So, how did you access the old CVS server?

---Tom