[TriLUG] cvs CVSROOT/modules

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Wed Sep 8 14:28:31 EDT 2004

Well, we have more than 20-30 users :) (I work for a VERY large company)
so just creating new user accounts on the cvs server is impractical (not
to mention that each user having to keep up with yet another account is
impractical).

>From my google searches in the last hour, it looks like there have been a
handful of people looking for a solution to this since at least January of
2001.  About 1/2 of the links I found were on lists.gnu.org, and one
suggested using pserver and generating the passwd file from the ldap
directory (ick).  Another mentioned that the author was thinking about
hacking the cvs ldap sources (not my ball of wax).  A third suggested that
he had a solution (but never actually divulged HOW they did it).

I'm beginning to think that actually doing this is in the realm of cold
fusion--alleged but never proven.  This is the sort of beast that needs in
depth documentation with examples.

William (starting to feel slightly depressed)