[TriLUG] cvs CVSROOT/modules

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 8 16:51:26 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 04:13:09PM -0400, William Sutton wrote:
> For those who are curious, the guy who set up the cvs system that I've
> been trying to get into replied that I should use the pserver format

A challenge. "Should" use pserver? Why, when it's been obsoleted
by the wider community except as an anonynmous access tool?  Besides,
ssh works with LDAP.

Furthermore, if $WORK is concerned about anonymous check outs, then
they should also be concerned with pserver's lack of modern
security.  You don't want to give Mr. Disgruntled an opportunity
he's not entitled to.

--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.