[TriLUG] Linux forums other than trilug?

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Thu Sep 9 09:17:10 EDT 2004

On Thursday 09 September 2004 08:57 am, Aaron S. Joyner wrote:

> What's more likely to result in a final solution though, is someone more
> directly familiar with the problem domain.  In this case, you might want
> to try the homepage for GRUB as a starting point.

Yep.  I've been reading the docs this morning.  I've looked through existing
bugs.  I logged a "bug" on their savannah project, but I also figure that
it's a configuration problem.  Of course, like we normally tell our QA
department, "If you can't figure out what's going on just from the error
messages, there's definitely a bug...that is, the error messages aren't
helping."

I'd be just as happy if they could simply point me to the next step in
troubleshooting.  I've never had a problem with booting up a kernel with grub
before, so I'm kind of at the end of my creativity in terms of
troubleshooting it.

> Best of luck in finding a solution, and don't forget to post it back to
> the TriLUG list if you do.  :)

I'd be happy to.  I just hope that I'm patient enough to wait for some
response instead of just finding a way to work around the problem.

---Tom