[TriLUG] scheduling a forced fsck

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Thu Sep 9 12:13:22 EDT 2004

Hi Joseph,

You can use tune2fs to change mount-count numbers on a filesystem to
control when the computer will fsck it at boot time.

tune2fs -c max-mount-counts fsdevice
   sets the maximal mounts count between two fsck runs.

tune2fs -C mount-count fsdevice
   sets the mount-count on fsdevice to the specified number.

Using these, you can write a script to adjuste the mount count numbers
  and prevent unwanted fsck operations.

--[Lance]

--
  Celebrate The Circle: http://www.celebratethecircle.org/