[TriLUG] Job Post-Google-Site Reliability Engineer

mdove mdove at google.com
Tue Sep 21 00:02:58 EDT 2004

Site Reliability Engineer/Unix Administrator

Google

Location: Either Mountain View, CA or Dublin, Ireland

-We are looking for a detail-oriented systems professional, seasoned Unix
jockey, Internet services architect, database whiz, performance analyst, or
software engineer, at the top of their game.

-Can you help achieve increased Availability, Reliability, Uptime, and
Quality? (for our systems and services, naturally) Site Reliability
Engineers (SREs) are involved in all aspects of running our site, from
design to debug, from architecture to applications. Google SREs spend their
time troubleshooting problems in large-scale clustered application service
environments, and focus on making continual improvements to our services.

-Looking for the next cool problem to solve, in a fast-paced and
engineering-driven environment?

-Can you write a script or application that performs practically the entire
job you once held earlier in your career?

-Does your idea of a good time involve taking things apart just to see how
they work? Are you successful putting them back together when  you're done?

-This position requires a passion for problem solving, deep understanding of
networks, operating systems, multi-tiered Internet services, and the ability
to learn new applications and concepts quickly. Strong scripting skills are
essential.

-As an SRE, you will wear many hats: performance analyst, service architect,
system/database administrator, capacity planner, tools developer, monitoring
expert, and technical evangelist, for all components of Google's Ads
services.

If you can answer yes to all of the following questions, please apply for
this position!

1.    Do you have at least a BS or BA or higher in computer science?

2.    Do you have 3+ years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator or
networking architecture experience on Unix platforms?

3.    Do you have experience in either Python programming or Perl or strong
scripting skills?

4.    Do you have experience with programming and troubleshooting skills in
C/C++ and or Java?

5.    Have you been at a majority of your companies for at least 3 years or
more?

If you have answered yes to all of the above questions, please read on and
apply for this position if you are interested!

Please be sure your resume clearly reflects the experience asked about
above.

For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of
your resume to :  mdove at google.com

Important: The subject field of your email must include

Site Reliability Engineer -(Also indicate the location you are interested
in-Mountain View, CA or Dublin, Ireland)