[TriLUG] fedora 2 core or wait on fedora 3

Gregory Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Wed Sep 22 12:26:17 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 12:01:42PM -0400, Ralph Blach wrote:
> I would like to install and new installation of redaht at home.  Should
> I wait of the fedora 3 core or just install fedora 2?
> Thanks
>
> Chip

I've been testing the FC3 pre-releases and find that FC3t1 was much more
stable and useable than FC2.  They have just released test2 and I'll be
doing more testing over the next few weeks.  FC3 is due in a couple of
months, so it's really a question of whether you're willing to wait.
You could download FC3t2 and install that and then re-install when FC3
final comes out.  If you need stability, then go with FC2, but be aware
that there are several problems with it.

What sort of machine are you planning on using?

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury     `- -'
RHCT                   U