[TriLUG] Fedora Core 2 + MySQL 4.1

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Wed Sep 22 23:42:26 EDT 2004

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but have you just tried
building the MySQL src rpm's for your system then doing an "rpm -Uvh
mysql*.rpm" on the newly built rpms?

In the past on fc2 (and fc1, redhat 9, RHEL3, etc) I was able to just
download the rpm's from MySQL (the binary ones) and do an "rpm -Uvh
mysql*.rpm" on them.  Usualy that would fail with something about
openssl dependencies failing.  Adding the --nodeps flag will allow for
the install, and no failures (the openssl ones are not show stopper
errors, just annoying if you compile/link things off them later).

I eventually changed to building from the source rpms ( "rpmbuild
--rebuild mysql*.src.rpm" ) to avoid this openssl errors.

-David

--
David A. Cafaro
dac(at)trilug.org