[TriLUG] OT: Beating a dead horse to death, and beating it again until its an ex-horse.

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 24 22:06:30 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 06:15:40PM -0400, Michael Thompson wrote:
> I get enough of the God complex

Enough to drive anyone nuts I'm sure.  Sympathies.

> AND, as far as RFCs being silly, there is at least one:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1149.txt?number=1149  :)

Heh.  I'll bet there's a point to it though.  Maybe it's a
reminder to protocol engineers to not get too attached to
a method.

> | The RFC you might be referring to:
> |
> | http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
>
> <snip>"A good rule of thumb:  Be conservative in what you send and
> liberal in what you receive.

Second time I've seen this lately.

> I demand that you all have a nice weekend, thats what I'm going to try
> to do, which makes it not only right, but the only way.  ;-)

Will do.
--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.