[TriLUG] best spot for WiFi (free) and a beer (not free)

burnett at pobox.com burnett at pobox.com
Tue Sep 28 12:38:23 EDT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Kipp Spanbauer wrote:

> Woody's on 54 Chapel Hill Rd is an awesome sports bar and advertises
> Wi-Fi.  However, I don't have a laptop and have not been able to test
> it.  Great wings...only 25 cents on Tuesdays!

I should have remembered Woody's. Bluz on Miami Blvd, just off I-40 in
RTP, advertises free Wi-Fi Internet access but I haven't been in to test
it.

And although they do not serve beer (that I remember) the Denny's on Old
Wake Forest Rd in north Raleigh (just off of the Beltline) also now has
free wireless Internet access. As they're open 24 hours, the time factor
may be a convenience.

best,
badger at trilug