[TriLUG] OT: Microchannel PC's Up For Grabs

Mark Turner markt at siteseers.com
Tue Sep 28 14:19:09 EDT 2004

Want to try Linux on Microchannel hardware? A friend has two machines
which need a good home. If you're interested, please contact Michael
Baker directly at mbcc2 at msn dot com.

His note is below:

Basically, I have:
     1.)  An IBM 8560 (ESDI) with two hard drives:  50mb & 70mb.  It
also comes with a 5.25 External Floppy Drive.  I have old MSDOS,  PCDOS,
and Windows 3.1 Diskettes to provide for an Operating System.

     2.)  An IBM 8595 (SCSI) with six 1gb +/- hard drives, four
installed and two back-ups.  The system also has a sound card with
speakers, and a CDROM.  The system has been set up with dual boot, i.e,
Windows 95 & OS/2 WARP ver 4.  I have the software and respective
licenses to support both Operating Systems.

Both of these systems are complete with keyboard, mouse, display and all
related cables.  Essentially, both systems are operational.  I've had a
great time building these units and don't feel they should be simply
trashed  because they're no longer contemporary.

--
Mark Turner
www.siteseers.com