[TriLUG] Running httpd but not on a certain ip address

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 21:22:26 EDT 2004

> I think you need to use the Listen directive to specify that the
> host listens on all the IP's except the one you want left free.

Thanks Phil.  I think it's BindAddress I need...

"    *  BindAddress is used to restrict the server to listening to a
single address, and can be used to permit multiple Apache servers on
the same machine listening to different IP addresses.
    * Listen can be used to make a single Apache server listen to more
than one address and/or port."

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/bind.html

Ultimately, the "problem" is what makes Apache great...HIGHLY configurable.

MPF