[TriLUG] somewhat OT: Digital Game Programming curriculum at Wake Tech

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at futeki.net
Tue Sep 28 23:48:34 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 22:46, Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> Looks like Wake Tech is considering offering a program in
> Game Programming.  Here's the link for anybody who might
> be interested:
>
> http://www.waketech.edu/curred/cis/gaming.html
<rant>
I'm taking that SGR110 right now from Cynthia Foster.  STAY AWAY.  She's
a moron and the class is crap.  We're using some lame script kiddie
language called DarkBASIC that makes me want to gouge my eyes out every
time I have to use it.  The language doesn't even have a ****ing modulus
operator or function.  No objects, no libraries, totally proprietary,
total crap.

"Wanna learn how to make the 'l33t3st game ever without having to know
anything about math, graphics, or computers for that matter?  Use
DarkBASIC and you too can write games that look 10 years old and run
like crap."

This was supposed to be "Scientific Graphics" and I need it for an
elective so I thought we'd be doing some dna or molecular or physics
visualizations.  Instead I have to waste my time on this garbage.
</rant>

--
Timothy A. Chagnon <tchagnon at futeki.net>