[TriLUG] FC1 not detecting USB camera

linux r linuxr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 14:10:29 EDT 2004

Hi,  I have a Canon Powershot S400 digital camera that I cannot seem
to get to work with FC1.  I will plug it in and when I go into the
digital camera tool, it does indeed have an entry for that model, but
I go through the setup and it does nothing.

I have had other USB problems with this version of the OS.  Has USB
been a big issue with Fedora?  Is there an enhanced rpm or something
that might patch the USB overall?  My printer is USB and it works
fine; I have not tried them together.

Any info is appreciated - files to edit, etc.

Marc