[TriLUG] FC1 not detecting USB camera

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Thu Sep 30 14:48:42 EDT 2004

Since I'm leery of typing in random commands that people tell me to,
perhaps it's a good idea to mention what that command does.

tail gives the last several lines of a file, the -f flag tells tail to
"stay on the line" as it were and display any new input.

Another cool thing, that I found out about at the installfest, is that
less is capable of doing the same thing.

less is easily one of my favorite utilities in the toolbox, and if you
hit "F" (has to be a capital) while looking at a file, it takes you to
the end of the file and display's new content.  Ctrl-C will terminate
this mode and let you continue browsing the file.

CJK

<SNIP>

--
Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org>