[TriLUG] conflct potential

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Sep 30 18:21:57 EDT 2004

It might also be possible to integrate your Gallery installation into
the phpwebsite install.  I don't have experience with phpwebsite lately,
but many of the content management systems of its ilk have plugins that
directly support the popular image-gallery programs like Gallery.  This
way, you won't lose information such as captions, descriptions,
comments, and all the other stuff that Gallery can add.

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 18:16, Dave Sorenson wrote:
> No direct experience except that I run gallery myself and do PHP
> development/hacking of various packages @work. The two should not interfere
> with each other as long as you install to different directories. The only
> other issue you could have is if you have 2 apps that use the same database,
> but that's not an issue here.
>
> Since you are moving the whole thing to the CMS, why not just nuke the
> gallery install and reupload the photos? You will not likely be able to
> automagically import the gallery anyway unless someone @phpwebsite has
> written an importer. My install of gallery maintains the full sized copy of
> my images so you could grab those images out of the gallery (assuming you
> don't have your original files) and then upload to your new CMS.

Jeremy