[TriLUG] Monthly mailman reminders and procmail

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Fri Oct 1 00:06:32 EDT 2004

John Broome [john at cerient.net] wrote:
> In case anyone wants to avoid the flood of mailing list password
> remiders that'll be coming in in a couple of hours, i present the
> following .procmailrc tidbit:

Er, WTF don't you configure your mailman account for each list to not
send out the reminders?  Why waste trilug's meager bandwidth if you're
just going to filter it on receipt?

Go to:
http://www.trilug.org/mailman/options/trilug
Log in, scroll down to "Get password reminder email for this list?",
check no, click "Submit My Changes" at the bottom, and you'll never get
another password reminder from the trilug list.  This is much friendlier
as it conserves TriLUG's resources by not sending out the reminder and
conserves your's by having one less regex for each email that is
delivered.

Mike
--
"Spare me your space-age technobabble Atilla The Hun!" --  Zapp Brannigan