[TriLUG] Monthly mailman reminders and procmail

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Oct 1 08:19:00 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 00:06, Mike Johnson wrote:
> John Broome [john at cerient.net] wrote:
> > In case anyone wants to avoid the flood of mailing list password
> > remiders that'll be coming in in a couple of hours, i present the
> > following .procmailrc tidbit:
>
> Er, WTF don't you configure your mailman account for each list to not
> send out the reminders?  Why waste trilug's meager bandwidth if you're
> just going to filter it on receipt?

I use a procmail recipe similar to John's.

1) I have quite a few lists, and I have been too lazy to go to all of
them to turn off the reminders.  One procmail recipe is easy, and it's
not really all that much bandwidth.

2) Not all of the lists are running mailman 2.1, which has the feature
to turn off the reminders (previous, in mailman 2.0, it was a site-wide
thing).

Jeremy