[TriLUG] FC2/3 on Dell PE 650/750 instead of RHEL 3.x

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Mon Oct 4 10:23:37 EDT 2004

WBEL does have "up2date" like features.  Actually I had my server set to
automatically check for updates at night and install them.  I had to
turn this off as I've gotten to the point of having more and more custom
rpms for special features I wanted that were not supported in the stock
rhel/wbel distro.  As for security updates, WBEL has been doing a very
good job as far as I can tell of keeping on top of things.  They
certainly aren't as quick as a paid subscription to one of RedHat's
versions, but what do you expect for free?  I would say I can get
updates almost as fast as Fedora Core updates if you take into account
how busy the FC update servers get when a new batch of patches come out.

-David

--
David A. Cafaro
dac(at)trilug.org