[TriLUG] Ant is broken now..

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Tue Oct 5 08:50:24 EDT 2004

Hey,
  Anyone out there with strong ant experience?  When I downloaded it some
time ago to build a particular package, it worked beautifully.  Now, for
some reason I'm having difficulty tracking down, ant won't run (building the
same package as when it worked properly); it terminates very prematurely
with the following stack trace:

java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.tools.ant.Main
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:195)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:55)

To the best of my knowledge, the environment variables haven't changed since
the last successful operation of ant.  I have installed a few extension
libraries such as Xerces and JDOM..  Could there be some sort of conflict
caused by one of these jars?  I'm really at a loss here, and need to be able
to have ant work..

TIA,
~Brian Henning

Brian A. Henning