[TriLUG] Ant is broken now..

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Tue Oct 5 09:25:30 EDT 2004

> What version of Ant ?

Ant-1.6.2.

> Do you have a CLASSPATH environment variable set ?

Not that I can tell.  I've found that if I set CLASSPATH, it overrides
(rather than augments) the default CLASSPATH, and I don't know enough about
the default CLASSPATH to correctly duplicate the important bits in a custom
CLASSPATH.

> Ant does include a version of Xerces so there may be a conflict there -
> try *not* setting your CLASSPATH variable before running Ant.

As mentioned, I don't have a CLASSPATH to unset..  But I've tried renaming
the possibly-conflicting jars in $java_bin\lib\ext (by changing their
extensions to things like jarx), to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

Continued thanks,
~Brian