[TriLUG] OT : Don't let Cheney hide

Carolinux.com bobevans19 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 17:46:02 EDT 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Donnelly, Public Campaign Action Fund <info at pcactionfund.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:07:30 GMT
Subject: Don't let Cheney hide from Halliburton facts
To: Bob Evans <bobevans19 at yahoo.com>

Dick Cheney refuses to give a straight answer about Halliburton.
But we can with this TV ad.

Windows Media | RealPlayer

Contribute Dear Bob,

Last night, Dick Cheney was asked about his connections to Halliburton
and to the awarding of a no-bid, multi-billion dollar contract to his
former company.

Once again, he refused to give a straight answer.

If you missed it, here's the transcript:

Cheney: I can respond, Gwen, but it's going to take more than 30 seconds.

Gwen Ifill: Well, that's all you've got.

Cheney: Well, the reason they keep mentioning Halliburton is because
they're trying to throw up a smokescreen. ... It's an effort that
they've made repeatedly to try to confuse the voters and to raise
questions, but there's no substance to the charges.

Not exactly, Mr. Vice President. Voters want to know more about
Halliburton and you're trying to hide from the facts.

Unlike the Vice President, all Campaign Money Watch needs is 30
seconds to deliver our message about this Administration and
Halliburton. And that's exactly what we're doing with a new television
ad in the critical battleground state of Wisconsin.

Help us keep this ad on the air.

Our Halliburton ad will tell the facts that Cheney refused to address.
This television advertising cuts through all the negative advertising
on the air because it is different and it presents compelling facts in
a memorable way.

Most importantly, it leaves voters asking a question that is
devastating to Bush and Cheney's integrity:

Who are they working for?

The answer is unmistakable: Not us.

If you've been generous with a contribution in the past, we really
appreciate it. Please forward this message on to others or use our
tell-a-friend feature to spread the word.

If you haven't made a recent contribution, or think you can make
another one, we need your immediate help to make sure that the message
of this ad reaches as many voters as possible.

Please make a secure contribution today, and forward this message on to others.

Thanks,

David Donnelly
Campaign Money Watch and
Public Campaign Action Fund

P.S. If you'd prefer to send a donation in the mail, please make the
check payable to Campaign Money Watch and send it to 1320 19th Street,
NW, Suite M-1, Washington, DC 20036.

Campaign Money Watch is a project of Public Campaign Action Fund

management page to modify your email communication preferences or
update your personal profile. To stop ALL email from Public Campaign
Action Fund, click to remove yourself from our lists (or reply via
email with "remove" in the subject line).

--
Bob Evans        bobevans19 at gmail.com (read/delete weakly...)
alt email           reevans at bbandt.com     (read/delete daily M-F)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand
binary, and those who don't.