[TriLUG] CentOS and mod_ssl

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 6 20:24:28 EDT 2004

I just reinstalled CentOS (after downgrading the same to RH 9 and
yesterday upgrading once again, for what I hope is the last time).
Anyway, now that I have nearly everything working properly (PHP, tutos,
mysql, cups (and darn near perfect as a network IPP print server to my
Macs and XP box)) I have found something interesting.  The current yum
server for CentOS/cAos seems to have dropped mod_ssl as a module to
install.  I was wondering if anyone knew why (the great google oracle
doesn't seem to know).  Was there some mod_ssl flap that I was unaware
of recently?  I suppose I could pull the old one off the CD but I'm
wondering if it will no longer be supported in the future.

Any thoughts?

Greg