[TriLUG] OT : Don't let Cheney hide

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 7 12:55:53 EDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 11:27:13AM -0400, Joseph Mack wrote:
> "Byarlay, Wayne A." wrote:
> >

> > To throw in my $0.02: Why don't we all just buy Haliburton stock? Then
> > they're working for US. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
>
> this is the way to go.

Unless you've read about how proxy votes are negotiated by Wall Street
for quid pro quo when financial services are needed.  Ms. CEO calls Mr.
Wall St. about upcoming board meeting and asks how he is going vote the
big stack of proxies he controls.  In the course of the conversation the
topic comes to how Ms. CEO is doing with financial situation X and how
his firm helped XYZ, Inc. with a similar problem last year.  You can
see where this heads :-).

Little guy votes count for squat on Wall St.

You _can't_ beat 'em.  Now, go watch a reality TV show.

;-)

--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.