[TriLUG] OT: geek stuff (was: Home Depot and Cat 5)

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 16:51:47 EDT 2004

Or in other words, you don't know how to game the system until you
play the game from both (or all) sides.

In a (nearly completely) OT vein, one of my other activities is
serving as a judge in IPMS which is the International Plastic Modelers
Society. Yep we're grown up kits still playing with plastic model
kits.

People have a big misconception about how to win that game too if they
haven't participated in the judging.  Much like grading papers the
judges pretty much look to make sure that the work is without flaws.
Rather than looking at whether or not the wings are the 'correct'
color (whatever that is), we look to make sure that they are straight.

And in this case the extra effort can actually be a negative as it
gives more opportunity to f up.