[TriLUG] "basement" SAN

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Thu Oct 7 18:51:55 EDT 2004

So far all of the "requirements" say NAS, basically just a file server.
I have one here, it's a whitebox system, running ClarkConnect (linux
based SMB solution www.clarkconnect.org).  I have that system as an NIS
master, NFS server, Samba PDC, and SMB server.  No matter what system I
log into I get the same set of data, you must use the automounter, and
tell NIS that your homedir is on one of the NFS mounted directories, but
I get my "profile" all there, my email, Gnome and KDE configs, etc are
all there.

Does that sound like what you want?