[TriLUG] OT: political soybombing

linux r linuxr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 09:44:01 EDT 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 00:23:54 -0400, matusiak <dave at matusiak.org> wrote:
> Well, since those brave pioneers (incl. Bob Evans, Mike M and others)
> have forged the way for all political discourse to go to Trilug.org, I
> will be making doubly-sure that I copy this list on any and all
> political ranting I send out of my computer.  That usually averages in
> the range of 15 to 2,300 pieces of mail per day.
>
> You have been warned.

Hello,   I understand what you are saying.  In a way we are on the
same side.  However PLEASE don't make it worse!  If you have to, just
cc them individually.

OTOH, anyone that intentionally 'bombs' us with political stuff
deserves whatever they get, like getting spammed forever by hundreds
of pissed off people remembering that email address.  I work in a
political quagmire where I have to deal with crap constantly from
others.  I would REALLY like to not have to do that here.  Technology
is hard enough, let's not make it worse by adding in subjective
emotional feelings about political issues, which could literally take
us anywhere, topic-wise.  Is a little bit of self control too much to
ask of some people?

Bottom posted for your viewing pleasure.....