[TriLUG] [OT] please let this thread die.........

Carolinux.com bobevans19 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 19:00:03 EDT 2004

Like my wife, I'm a story teller. The paint crew had already left for
Costa Rica, so I ended up having to settle for a US citizen to paint
my house. It cost a lot more, since he was bonded.

Eight Indian programmers do what I used to do for the bank I used to
work at. Between them, they earn $92K. (2 stateside at $30,500, 6 in
India at $5,000)

At the time of my termination I made between $65K and $75K. I got 46
weeks' pay, and $356/week from you and the other fine citizens of NC &
the USA.

Does that sound cost effective?

As I said, I offered to move to India for $10,000/year. No can do.
Americans need not apply...

So that global economy you read about is one way, a myth, a con...

One last question: if these Chinese, Vietnamese, Philipino, Indian,
and Irish programmers are so darn good, why haven't they written the
$5 replacement for Windows, that runs on methane?

Need more info?

Start with http://www.numbersusa.com

--
Bob Evans        bobevans19 at gmail.com (read/delete weakly...)
alt email           reevans at bbandt.com     (read/delete daily M-F)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand
binary, and those who don't.